- A 3 year study shows that while male student-athletes comprise 3.3% of the population, they represent 19% of sexual assault perpetrators and 35% of domestic violence perpetrators. (Benedict/Crosset Study)
- One in three college sexual assaults are committed by athletes. (Benedict/Crosset Study)
- In the three years before 1998, an average of 1000 charges were brought against athletes each year. (Benedict/Crosset Study)
- In 1995, while only 8.5% of the general population was charged with assault, 36.8% of athletes were charged with assault. (Benedict/Crosset Study)
- The general population has a conviction rate of 80%. The conviction rate of an athlete is 38%. (Benedict/Crosset Study)
- A new incident of athlete crime emerges once every two days - that does NOT include crimes that were unreported in the media. (NCAVA)
- 84% of the public believes colleges should revoke the scholarship of a player convicted of a crime. (ESPN SportsZone Poll)
- 20% of college football recruits in the Top 25 Division I teams have criminal records.
- A college rapist will have raped seven times before being caught.